The Eastern Kentucky University football team welcomes Tennessee Tech to Roy Kidd Stadium Saturday afternoon as part of Homecoming weekend. Kick-off is set for 3 p.m.
In case you can't make it to Saturday's game, the contest will be broadcast for FREE on the OVC Digital Network.
The Colonels (3-3, 1-1 OVC) are coming off a much needed open weekend which allowed the squad to rest a plethora of banged up players. One player who is expected to return is the team's leading rusher, redshirt freshman JJ Jude. The rest of the running backs picked up the slack in the Oct. 5th game against Austin Peay as fellow redshirt freshman Thomas Owens reached the 100-yard plateau and junior Caleb Watkins scored two touchdowns.
On defense, Eastern is coming off its best performance of the season. The Colonels limited Austin Peay to just seven first downs and six yards rushing in a convincing 38-3 win.
Tennessee Tech (3-4, 0-3) is still searching for its first OVC win of the year after a 28-17 loss to UT Martin on Oct. 10. The Golden Eagles turned the ball over four times in the setback to the Skyhawks. Junior defensive back Marty Jones leads the OVC in tackles (64) while junior linebacker Tra'Darius Goff ranks fourth in the same category (58).
Homecoming Saturday begins at 10 a.m., with the annual parade down Lancaster Ave., and along Main Street. The tailgating lot at Alumni Coliseum will open for fans at 10 a.m., as well. The Colonel Walk will take place through the tailgating lot at 12:45 p.m. At halftime of the football game, the 2013 Homecoming Queen and King will be announced at midfield.
--Click here for EKU game notes.
--Click here for the Tennessee Tech football web site.
--Click here for TTU's game notes.
-- Saturday's game can be seen on the web for FREE on the OVC Digital Network.
--Saturday's game can be heard locally on WCYO 100.7 FM. Click here for live radio broadcast! WCYO is now streaming on most mobile devices. Download the TuneIn Radio app, available for iPhone/iPod/iPad, Android, Blackberry, Palm and Windows Phone.
--Click here for live stats!
Twitter: @EKUSports, @EKUFootball, #GoBigE
--Tickets are available by calling the EKU ticket office at 859-622-2122. The ticket office will open at the football stadium at 1 p.m. The ticket box office is now accepting these major credit cards - Visa, MC, Discover and American Express. Stadium gates will open at 1 p.m.
--Click here for directions to Eastern Kentucky University.
--Saturday's forecast in Richmond calls for partly cloudy skies and a high of 62 degrees.
--The Colonels have won six straight Homecoming games and are 9-4 in those games since 2000. Six of the 13 games were decided by a touchdown or less while the 2004 Homecoming contest against Murray State was decided in overtime.
--Eastern Kentucky leads the Ohio Valley Conference in both rushing offense (224.0 yards per game) and rushing defense (104.5 ypg). In its most recent game on Oct. 5, EKU ran for 321 yards and held Austin Peay to just six yards on 25 carries.
--Eastern Kentucky is 11-2 following 'open' weeks since 2000. The Colonels have won 11 in a row following an open weekend. EKU did not have an open date last year.
• The Alumni Coliseum east side parking lot will close at 11 p.m. on Friday night before the game. Any cars remaining in the lot after that time are subject to tow. The lot will reopen Saturday morning at 10 a.m.
• A reminder to Colonel Club members: an alternate route to the Colonel Club parking area is available by entering near Model School.
• Alternate parking areas include: Brockton Lot, located off Van Hoose Drive and behind the Brockton Apartments; Greg Adams Tennis Complex Lot, located across the Bypass from Roy Kidd Stadium.
• Please use one parking space per car or truck.
• Because of the large amount of pedestrian traffic that occurs on Kit Carson Drive after each home football game, Kit Carson Drive will be closed to southbound traffic from the Park Drive intersection to the Van Hoose intersection and will be closed to all traffic from the Van Hoose intersection to the Eastern Bypass intersection after each home game. This closing will occur at the end of each game and will last normally for a period of thirty (30) to forty-five (45) minutes. However, the closing may occur earlier and last longer than anticipated depending on traffic conditions and the size of the crowd.
To ensure that you and all fans have a positive tailgating experience, we ask that you observe the following guidelines:
• All state and local laws must be observed.
• Responsible alcohol consumption will be allowed in designated locations in the Colonel Club and Alumni Parking lots for attendees age 21 or older only.
• For safety reasons, all beverages shall be consumed from plastic or paper cups and not in cans or bottles.
• Kegs are not permitted.
• Please clean up your tailgating area before going to the game or leaving the parking area.
• Please behave in an appropriate and responsible manner. Throwing objects or climbing on vehicles is not permitted.
Handicapped Ticket Information
• The handicapped seating area at Roy Kidd Stadium is located on top of the hill in the end zone opposite the scoreboard.
• Patrons must purchase a General Admission ticket to watch the game from this area.
• Patrons are welcome to have a companion sit with them in the area. Folding chairs are provided for any guests that need them.
• The handicapped accessible restrooms are located inside the Begley Building, behind section A under the ramp from the student entrance.
• Handicapped parking is available in the Moberly Lot past the Stadium off Roy and Sue Kidd Way on the right from the Bypass.